Cyber Essentials (CE) is a UK Government-backed scheme designed to help organisations of all sizes protect themselves against the most common cyber-attacks and threats.
The CE assessments examine key policies and procedures - together with practical verification of technical controls - establishing a meaningful baseline for cybersecurity. While Cyber Essentials is mandated for many central government contracts, it’s also a respected mark of an organisation's cybersecurity across UK businesses and industry.
Whatever your Cyber Essentials motivations, IT Lab's qualified and helpful consultants are on hand to guide you through the entire process, from initial scoping to report delivery.
Whether you're looking to undertake a Cyber Essentials certification to begin your organisation's security journey, require CE or Cyber Essentials PLUS (CE+) for a contract or tender, or would like demonstrable evidence of your organisation's commitment to cybersecurity, we work collaboratively with you to support you on your Cyber Essentials journey and beyond.
And If you're uncertain how your organisation will measure up, we offer Gap Analysis and deep dive engagements to help you understand your current security posture and take your organisation where it needs to be efficiently and cost-effectively.
If passing CE or CE+ is part of a wider goal to incrementally strengthen your organisation's security posture, IT Lab's Managed Assurance Service (MAS) includes CE within its roadmap, together with other valuable components such as Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and social engineering testing.
- You wish to establish or demonstrate a baseline level of security.
- You want to defend against automated and untargeted threats.
- You have a government tender or contract that requires CE or CE+.
- You have the basic CE certification and want to take the next step to Cyber Essentials PLUS.
- You seek a differentiator to raise your organisation's profile above the competition.
HOW IT LAB CAN HELP
- Perspective Risk - an IT Lab company - is a CREST Cyber Essentials Certification body which means we can perform CE and CE+ assessments and issue certificates.
- We can provide Gap Analysis and deep dive investigation services to identify potential problem areas ahead of time.
- We can advise on how to scope the CE and CE+ assessments, avoid the common pitfalls, and how best to approach remediation work.
WHY CHOOSE IT LAB?
- We work collaboratively with you - as your guide and trusted partner – not as an adversarial third-party auditor trying to catch you out.
- Our trusted technical consultants are extremely competent and hold CREST, Tigerscheme and offensive security qualifications.
- Our team has various levels of government security clearances; we can provide personnel with the necessary clearance for your business.
- Perspective Risk - an IT Lab company - is a CREST Certification Body. Our Cyber Essentials assessments include elements of practical security testing, rather than just paper-based reviews.
- We have strong first-hand experience of delivering Cyber Essentials and CE+ dating back to 2014 and have deep knowledge of the standard and its quirks.
- When findings are identified that would constitute a CE fail, where possible within the assessment window, we endeavour to give you the opportunity to remediate and have us retest on the spot, instead of issuing a fail and charging a reassessment fee later on.