Sometimes, it makes sense just to talk. Sometimes it’s good to see if a colleague is busy before picking up the phone. Sometimes it’s good to ask a simple question using an instant message whilst in a meeting and then for that colleague to join the meeting by video whilst working from home. And that spreadsheet that they are working on? They can share it easily with everyone in the meeting and edit it in real time.
Modern communication can be difficult with a plethora of methods to choose from in our always-on and always-connected society. Using modern Unified Communications tools, integrated with desktop and line of business applications makes communication easy with a wide audience whenever and wherever you are, or if you have clocked off for the day you can let people know!
Microsoft Skype for Business
Microsoft Skype for Business is an enterprise-class unified communications platform that can greatly impact on your people’s ability to collaborate and communicate. Skype of Business gives you instant messaging (IM), audio and video calls, create online meetings (both internally and externally) and availability (presence) information on your colleagues
Key features of Microsoft Skype for Business:
- See when your colleagues are available (particularly useful for staff working in different locations)
- Your status and availability can be linked to your Outlook calendar
- Hold online meetings and screen-share PowerPoint presentations and other applications
- Collaborate using whiteboard tools
- Instant message provides an alternative to email for quick questions and comments
- Installed on any device including MAC and mobile device
- Available via Microsoft Office 365