The Modern Workplace: Fostering a New Culture of Work
In the first blog of this series, Why Your Success Depends on the Modern Workplace, we listed the trends reshaping the world of work.
In this second part, we help you adapt to these trends by enabling cultural change in your organisation.
Improving your culture starts by addressing five essential questions. We set these questions out, together with food for thought and inspirational resources.
Question One: How do I engage and motivate my people?
Research by Gallup shows that disengaged employees cost the UK economy £52-70 billion a year. There are scores of articles demonstrating the correlation between unhappy staff and:
- sub-optimal customer experiences (and lower Net Promoter Scores)
Disengaged or disgruntled personnel can also compromise your security: The 3 Faces of Insider Threats.
Engaging and motivating your people needn’t be complicated. We all share a fundamental need to feel valued and heard.
Take the temperature of your people with surveys - Insights: How to create an employee engagement survey.
These articles on motivation and engagement are packed with wisdom:
- 10 Scientifically Proven Ways to Motivate Employees
- 59 Awesome Employee Engagement Ideas and Activities for 2019
Question Two: What would boost my team’s creativity?
By automating low-level tasks and reducing inefficiencies, you’ll give your team a valuable gift: more time to be creative. Research by McKinsey illustrates how better communication and collaboration tools could raise productivity by up to 25%:
We’ll cover Microsoft Modern Workplace technologies in a later blog. Meanwhile, here are actionable takeaways. Some may challenge you!
- 15 Ways Leaders Can Promote Creativity in the Workplace
- 5 Ways to Inspire Creativity in Your Employees
Question Three: How do we move from data to insights?
Most of us have the t-shirt for this one. We spend so long pulling data out of silos and compiling reports there’s scant time to analyse what it’s telling us. Explore these gems:
- 49 Analytics Experts Share Their Best Strategy to Turn Data into Actionable Insights
- How to Tame Your Data for Reporting Freedom
This is how Microsoft does it:
For our technical readers, here’s something else from Microsoft:
As you might expect, we have a gifted team of technologists and data experts. For their help soothing your data and reporting pains, do get in touch.
Question Four: How do I use AI to make my people work better?
Artificial intelligence mimics how humans operate. If you’d like to learn more, this is a five-minute read in plain-English: Artificial Intelligence 101: Everything You Need to Know to Understand AI.
So, how can you deploy AI to help your people? Check these out:
- 5 Ways to Make AI Work for Your Organisation
- 21 Ways AI is Transforming the Workplace in 2018
- 10 Microsoft tools changing AI in 2018
- Microsoft (includes video) – AI empowers us to change the world
Pop your details into our contact form if you’d like an informal chat with one of business performance consultants.
Question Five: How do I create a workplace my people love?
Making technology experiences simpler - and not frustrating your user-base - is a great place to begin. We’ll cover the main Microsoft Modern Workplace solutions in our next blog.
Ensuring quality IT support is available when your people need it also goes a long way. If your users aren’t enjoying the support they deserve, check out our IT Support Services.
Now for some brilliant right brain stuff we’ve handpicked for you:
- 3 Tips to Create a Workplace Culture That Employees Love
- 10 Top Tips to Create a Happy Workplace and Boost Employee Engagement
- 12 Secrets to Keeping Employees Happy Without a Raise
We hope you enjoyed this second blog in our Modern Workplace series. Feel free to reach out to us if you’d like our help with any of the areas touched on.